Monday, March 30, 2020

Late March Round Up

Today I thought I'd look back at my final March entry for each year I’ve blogged...

March, 2012: Celebrating April  



"March is nearly over. Women's History Month is almost history. For the past 28 days, we've been deluged with stories of valiant women, women who Made a Difference, from Joan of Arc to Lady Gaga. Where would we be without women? Answer (Biology 101): we wouldn't."

March 2013: Accentuating It



"Most of all we love those Downton Abbey British accents. They make the speakers sound intelligent and witty, no matter the content of their conversation. To my mind, anyone from the U.K. can recite the phone book (remember them?) and be positively spellbinding."

March 2014: Throw Back Thursday



"My little tiffs with my sibs would begin with a snarky comment or a "borrowed" dress, and escalate into screaming matches, complete with doors slammed so hard they almost came off their hinges, and rivers of tears. We always made up quickly, though, and I well remember how good and right the hugs felt at the end of battle."

March 2015: Purely Research



"The World Wide Web is both paradise and pitfall for an ADHD sufferer. I never would have taken the time to go to the library and look all this stuff up, back in the day, so I got a lot of actual homework done in school. I would probably be a straight D student now (unless I could do a senior project on “Kris Jenner, Momzilla”).

March 2016: Can You Keep a Secret?



"I remember a homework assignment from one of the nuns in school, asking us to interview our parents about their lives. When it was Dad’s turn to be questioned by me, he said, “Tell Sister Brendan that it’s none of her damn business.” Then he left the room. I think I ended up telling Sister that Dad was out of town that week."

March 2017: In the Soup



"Fanesca is a time-consuming soup that is hugely important in Ecuador, especially during Lent. Families make fanesca together, prepping the multitude of ingredients over several days. As it just happens to be Lent, when our church offers weekly potluck soup suppers, I hatched my ambitious plan. We would make fanesca!!"

March 2018: Happy/Sad/Happy World Bipolar Day




"So on this World Bipolar Day, I stand with my bipolar brothers and sisters. I pray for healing for them. I thank God every day to be in a better place, and remember that my job, now and for the rest of my life, is to reach out a hand of love and support to others."

March 2019: Visiting the Band (and Our Daughters)



"Often, random encounters spark these lasting relationships (I met Holly when she, the pastor’s wife, watched tiny Rose in the church nursery at Christ’s Lutheran in 1989). I am forever grateful that we bump into each other on the road of life, stop and recognize that we are companions."

March 2020: Coming soon! Very soon! Like, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment